Saturday, July 26, 2008

FEVER PITCH Preview

My book, FEVER PITCH, has gone off to print and is now available for purchase online here. Of course, I would much rather see you at the launch at Peres Projects (969 Chung King Rd) on Thursday, August 7th from 6-9 p.m. but if you're somewhere distant like either Portlands or Australia, I'll understand.

As a bit of a treat, I attached some of page screengrabs below (however hard I try, technology beyond screengrabs is still totally illusive!) The book was illustrated and designed by the brilliant Bay Area artist, Deric Carner. It took an entire week of straight work to lasso the beast and Deric did an AMAZING job. I could not be more pleased. Do take a look at some of the text and image below and I hope to see you next month!

A new essay about Mahogany will be published in the book alongside totally reworked versions of writings from these pages: Afternoon With The Beckhams, Kylie Minogue and Aural Transvestitism, Trying To Hear 'I Will Always Love You' and Grace Jones does 'La Vie En Rose.' And finally, the Kylie tome that I knew I had in me: The Absence of Difference. It ties together some various musings I've posted on Kylie here but in a far more honed capacity.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home