Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Being Boring's 100th Post!!!!!

I wanted to save this post for something special, and it appears to have come along. Sadly, I did not write it, but it certainly deserves to be read. Keep on reading, like you have read my blog FOR 100 POSTS!!! Happy Post-Day Being Boring... anyway, as I was saying, the link above is to an article written for the Guardian by Annie Proulx concerning her hatred for the Academy voters, and how "living cloistered lives behind wrought-iron gates or in deluxe rest-homes, out of touch not only with the shifting larger culture and the yeasty ferment that is America these days, but also out of touch with their own segregated city, decide which films are good. " It's a wallop, and delivers a decidedly vicious laugh at the end. So keep on reading. And keep on reading here, and thanks to everyone who has been reading so far.

The day, which should have yielded another post, actually snowballed into what I'm guessing is a 20 pager (it's about 4 now) on watching Experimental films on your T.V. as opposed to in a grimy makeshift theater (or a nice one, though let's not expect too much of people). There's a Jack Smith post in the works for flukiest, too (quel shocker!), but that one'll have to get done in the next day or so. I'll post the former in segments here, as it gets refined. We're talking gradschool application here people! Well... I am very personal today. I better go. This thing should look a tad more profesional (though I don't think calling Sharon Stone snatch-y-poo is all that profesional, either). Alas. I must be just a little senitmental. That is all for now. And, also in the not too distant future, a rewatching of Beau Travial, which I'm still not thurroughly convinced about. Ta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home